Ladies Philoptochos Society is a national charitable organization that was established in the 1931 by the late Athenogoras I, then Archbishop of North and South America. The ministry was named Philoptochos, "friends of the poor."
The St. Demetrios Philoptochos Society has supported this nationwide effort for many years by distributing funds raised through bake sales, donations, the annual fashion show and much more. The funds raised throughout the year benefit national, diocesan (Chicago), and local charities throughout our community.
The members of Philoptochos are dedicated parishoners (and men) who offer countless hours to the philanthropic, humanitarian, and Christian mission of the Church. Our primary aim is to promote the church's traditions, doctrines and canons through a variety of charitable and philanthropic activities. All parishioners are invited to become members and provide assistance to all those in need.
Upcoming Philoptochos Meetings & Events
- Loukoumades Sale - Sunday, January 5th - After Divine Liturgy
- Visit to the Greek American Nursing Home - Thursday, January 16th
- Monthly Meeting - Tuesday, January 21st @ 7pm
- Monthly Meeting - Tuesday, February 18th @ 7pm
- Visit to the Greek American Nursing Home - Thursday, February 20th
- SAVE THE DATE - February 28, 2020 - Fashion Show Fundraiser